Monday, October 19, 2009

Beavers

I have to say, I was VERY impressed with Henry's Beaver's Investiture tonight. It is a ceremony where the new Beavers get their scarves and tails and officially become Beavers. The only Beavers group I have to compare this one to is the one Jack was in a few years ago so I assumed things would be a lot less organized than they were tonight. I'm not complaining about Jack's Beaver's group, it was run by men for boys and seemed that way. There were never any written notices, someone would just shout out that the next meeting would suddenly be at a different location and if you weren't there to hear it, you might end up in the wrong place. The meetings themselves were chaotic with kids running everywhere and everything was pretty loud. I just thought that's the way Beavers was...and Jack loved it! But Henry's Beavers group is the complete opposite! We got a program as we entered outlining how the evening would unfold. There was an official (volunteer parent)photographer who wasn't me!!! And note the picture of Henry patting the beaver's head...this is an official part of every meeting and many nights, with Jack's Beaver's group, they patted an old sock when one of the leaders forgot the beaver at home!! I'm NOT kidding!!


3 Comments:

Blogger the Pond Girl said...

I wonder if the Beaver's name is Pat?

Congratulations Henry!

Jill

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

You would think the guy would have the kids pat an old sock and never forget the beaver at home again!! Funny how all these things are made by the quality of person running them- they'll have very different memories anyway!!

3:22 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey, how come I never saw this post until now? Weird! Super cute photos. I kind of forget how young Henry is until I see him surrounded by other kids his age.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home