Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Growing up...

Well, tonight Hannah graduated from Sparks and will join Brownies in the fall. That was a fast 2 years! (to me anyway). It was a crazy ritual where each Spark climbed into a pillowcase (representing an egg) then curled up in a ball in a plastic pool (representing a nest) then cracked out on their cue. They then flew around the room and eventually landed in front of their leader who presented them with a pin and a certificate, congratulating them on their advancement. For as crazy as it was, I was of course teary-eyed. Every milestone reminds me that they're getting older and I want to slow it all down and soak it in. I think that's partly why I take so many pictures...my memory's lousy and it's all going by so fast.
On a similar note, I went to visit a friend and her new baby today. Henry was really sweet with him and it made me think I'll have to work on convincing Jason we have room in this house for one more...
~Dana

6 Comments:

Blogger EJ said...

Congratulations to Hannah.... and what!?! One more baby? Are you serious? I say go for it. Hannah needs a sister.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah needs a sister? More like Jason needs a vasectomy. Hurry Jason before it's too late!

Doug

10:38 PM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

I think I need a drink. - Jason

7:19 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

I believe the usual etiquette is to talk to your husband about it BEFORE publishing it on the internet, but I'm still all for the idea. You're a motherin' machine!

- Andrew

8:13 AM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

She's joking!!

8:42 AM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

I'm not joking, but don't worry, we've talked about it tons before putting anything on the blog. I already know Jason's position & he knows mine. It's just tough when they don't match.
Dana

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home