Friday, February 17, 2006

Work Ramblings...

I am at work, working...copying files on my system so I will blog until I am done.

Dana is at home sick with two sick kids with fevers. Jack and Henry both have fevers, Henry acts a little delirious when he is sick, talks in his sleep but is very cuddly. Hopefully I will get out of work a little early today, as Dana is struggling to keep up. Not sure if I can leave because my workflow is about to triple. I have been working on the same computer system (character generator - the font you see on sports broadcasts, scores, stats...etc) for almost 10 years...not that it hasn't changed but now I have added to my office, another system that is completely different which is on my left, and on my right is a third system. I have been trying to get up to speed to learn these systems and support them, but it's difficult to keep up and do everything else I do. I was supposed to give a demo of both these systems to the producers and directors at TSN and showcase both systems. Yeah okay...how do I turn it on... it wasn't looking good, but my boss just told me that, whew...it doesn't look like a good plan because the software it uses is beyond anyone's knowledge here and he is going to get the company's representative to display it's functions. I told him I was a little leary of doing it, but I would give it a shot, he said he didn't want to hang me out to dry, which I admit it felt like that was about to happen.

Anyway, now I can relax this weekend and not think about that and focus on everything else that needs to get done around here - like Curling....the Scott Tournament of Hearts starts next weekend. - J

2 Comments:

Blogger EJ said...

Hope you all have a restfull weekend. Sorry I can't help you out with the kids today Dana. We're off to Detroit - I'll talk to you Sunday or Monday.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Ugh, what a nightmare. Why do they have to have three different systems anyway? "I can't do my woooehk!"

- Andrew

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home