Friday, February 10, 2006

Let The Games Begin!


The Winter Olympics are about to begin. I love the Olympics. I love watching Canada win the tin medal.... this time though there will be no 4th place finishes - Canada is hoping to be in the top 3 of the overall medal count at the end of these games (4th in 2002 with 17 medals). I wish I was there working these games, but it didn't work out this time. I went to Salt Lake City to work at the games there in 2002 and it was a lot of work but fantastic, I was there to watch Canada win a gold in Speed Skating and listen to the Canadian anthem being played. There is nothing like it.

The opening ceremonies start today at 2pm et. It should be exicting - but just wait until the winter games are back here in Canada in 2010. (The kids will be perfect ages to bring them out with me when I am working out there - 11, 9, 6 or so...) - J

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

My friend Meg is crazy into the olympics. We wanted her to come out for a beer after work with us last night, but she had to go home to watch the opening ceremony. Then we wanted her to come to yoga this morning, but she had to stay home to watch the downhill skiing. I guess as a kid the olympics were what got her interested in other countries and cultures, and probably what eventually made her come to Canada from Japan.

We had a Ford Torino when we were kids. Remember, Dane?

- Andrew

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home