Sunday, December 18, 2005

Happy Birthday Kristy!


The weekend seemed extra long somehow...no one had to go to work and a lot of the last Christmas stuff got done.
Hannah had 2 birthday parties to go to - her social life is sometimes hard to keep up with.
Jason & I both had a lot of shopping to get done still which was a bit of a nightmare on the last weekend before Christmas!
We made a gingerbread house & the kids played in the snow. Then this evening we helped decorate Mom & Dad's tree and had pizza & treats.
Tomorrow I will help out in Jack's class for an hour in the morning. I try to do this every Monday morning and I'm glad for the chance to see Jack in his school setting. I have been feeling slightly uneasy at how out of control the kids in his class seem to get, knowing that Jack is a kid who needs to have limits set, but thought I was overanalyzing the situation. However, Friday Jack told me on the way home from school that he had cut his shirt with his scissors at school. I assumed it was an accident until I saw his sleeve had been snipped in several places around the cuff. I asked him if it was an accident and he said, "no" kind of sheepishly. (Kids are so honest!) Then he said that Mark did it too, but that he (Jack) did it first! Oh great, couldn't he have been following a bad idea instead of coming up with one...Mark's Mom is going to kill me! So after telling him that that was very wrong and asking why he did it, I asked him what his teacher said. Apparently, she told him that I could sew it for him!! Am I overreacting or should he not have a) been supervised with scissors and/or b) gotten in trouble for this?! I'm going to delicately address this tomorrow morning...wish me luck! -Dana

2 Comments:

Blogger EJ said...

Sorry I didn't do a gingerbread house with the kids this year. I feel really badly - it's such a fun activity. Enjoy eating it!

11:14 AM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

Oh Eri, that's ok. I've actually NEVER done one and I knew you were busy with your move. You're free to do it with us whenever you want! Dana

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home