Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Evening Snow!

I was home with a cold today and a lot to do but I knew that if I didn't take a bit of a break, it would only get worse. So I was spending the day cooking & baking rather than rushing out to do a bunch of errands. I got a call from the school just after lunch that Henry fell on his nose & it was bleeding pretty badly, could I come look at it. It looked a little swollen so I brought him home, thankful that I hadn't chosen to go downtown like I had originally planned. The swelling went down and Henry seemed fine. Then Hannah came home from school with a sore throat & after dinner, a fever.


The forecast for snow seemed ominous & frustrating when I was feeling sick & cold but somehow, it is magical! It seems like it slowed everything down and it is so beautiful & peaceful out there!

8 Comments:

Blogger John and Sharon said...

Oh, it does look beautiful and peaceful. I hope you allfeel better soon. Is that a neighbour with Christmas lights up?

4:41 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

That's exactly what I was going to say! Looks magical except for the lights. Too early!

- Andrew

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny, everyone had the exact same observation. My first comment was going to be about the over zealous neighbour. It should be mandatory that people at least wait until December to turn those things on.

The front yard does look lovely, hopefully everyone recovers quickly from their ailments.

Jen B

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Buckleys- cures all ills (plus peaceful wintry scenes) nice pic!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana: Maybe nature has a way of slowing us down!! Hope everyone is feeling better Ottawa is snowless at the moment, unlike last year Hope all are well Marilen

7:37 PM  
Blogger the Pond Girl said...

OK StLouis'

The snow has melted. Time for an update!!

jill

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Have you been incarcerated since then? Even I have blogged twice and my computer was busted for a week- get the thumb out!!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! It's been way too long for a blog. People are going to think you don't exist anymore.

Mum

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home