Monday, June 09, 2008

Heat wave!

What a hot weekend! 40C with the humidity! It was supposed to rain with thunderstorms throughout the weekend but the weather was good to us and the only rain we saw was in the evenings (great for the gardens!) This was especially good news since my Friday and Saturday weddings were outdoor ceremonies! Then Sunday was a bonus day. Even Sunday morning they were calling for rain off & on all day...it never came. The day was so hot and sunny that it was perfect for an impromptu pool party. At one point I counted 16 kids in the pool (plus a couple of parents!) Thanks to everyone who came and provided pretzels, cheezies, yoghurt pops, pizza, beer, watermelon, kool aid etc. I had an amazing time! But since I was shooting the rest of the weekend, I didn't feel like getting out my camera so I will have to borrow some photos from Jill to post.
In other news...Henry started soccer last week and Jason is coaching his team. I wasn't sure how this would go...Henry's keen about anything that gets you running around, but he also has a tendency not to listen. If I do say so myself, he was AMAZING! He scored 3 goals - one when the rest of his team was off the field for a head bonking incident! I'm really looking forward to watching more games this summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home