Thursday, December 07, 2006

Happy Merry Holiday-mas


Tonight I am going to pick out a Christmas tree! We are putting it up on this crazy weekend of a lot of stuff going on; birthday parties, choir concert, swim meet, tree decorating and life.

Or maybe I should call it a Holiday Tree...what is the big deal with saying Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas - does it really matter if WalMart decides to use either of these? I couldn't care less if someone greeted me saying either, as long as they down run me down when they try to put that little sticker on my shopping bags when I enter the store. If someone wants to say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, me thinks that I should be happy they are greeting me at all instead of being picky about which greeting they are using, there is no 'war on Christmas' as FoxNews continues to go on and on about, people are actually writing books on the subject, mind you I wouldn't put much stock into anything Bill O'Reilly says.

Merry Holidays Everyone!...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holidays?
I am still pushing for "Happy winter solstice celebration" which is, after all is said and done, the root of the festivities.

Humbug. (the "Bah, " was not in the first draft).

Have a successful weekend. You left out at least 3 important things!

Grinchy old Dad

7:14 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Happy unspecified day of whatever variety and level of merriment you personally feel comfortable with, if any. Or unhappy, if that's your thing. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

- Andrew

8:25 PM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

or Merry X-Mas....how did that one start?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I always follow the saying of Woody the talking Christmas tree (Mic Mac Mall)- "Merry Christermermas!"

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home