Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Poor sensitive kid!

Henry's off school today (he only goes every other day) and as we were walking home from school (the long way to give Murph a good walk), he found a nice big hunk of snow. It snowed quite a lot last night and all the kids were pretty excited about it, we haven't had much snow all winter! Well, Henry's carrying this big snow hunk around and says it's his baby, Bob. So the baby comes with us with Henry only occasionally complaining that his baby's heavy. When we got home I was shovelling the driveway (with a dog who's scared of the shovel tied around my waist...quite interesting!) and Henry was playing on the lawn. I asked if he wanted to build a snowman or get out the sleds...no, he just wanted to play with his baby. I came inside when I was done but Henry wanted to stay outside and play. Only 5 minutes later (I should have seen it coming), Henry came in the house just BAWLING. He was pretty hysterical. "My baby's broken! I knew I shouldn't have pushed him on the swing!" Poor kid.

Later...
To console Henry, I brought out a little dolly that was in with his stuffed animals but he didn't really play with. I said this could be Bob instead & he started carrying it around the house. He set Bob down next to him on the couch but is so into the tv that he didn't even notice Murphy steal Bob & chew the back of his head off. Another bawling session! Don't worry, I made Bob a little cap that covers his wound.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

HAHAHA! That reminds me of a friend whose kids goldfish died and after they buried it with a proper funeral dad stomped on the ground to compact it down and it was a fresh tragedy!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Oh my god, Dana, I was actually crying with laughter from this story. Thanks! I hope Henry's not traumatized.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey, by the way, I haven't received an invitation to your blog. Should I be worried?

12:03 PM  
Blogger St. Louis Family said...

No worries...haven't set it up as invitation only yet...probably in the next week or so. Jason's home in one week and I don't know how to do it!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous sharon said...

yes, crying with laughter!! If only Murphy had bitten the back off the snow baby and Henry had pushed the plastic Bob on the swing. Hindsight. Your life is whakadoodle Dana.

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. Poor old Henry. Hope Bob doesn't lose his hat!
Mum

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOOOOOOO funny! The swing line could be sold to a script writer for huge money.

Jen B

7:49 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I love that his baby's name is Bob. LOVE.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor lil' henry, and bob as well.
less than a week, i'll be HOME...

jason

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home