Thursday, January 24, 2008

Charlotte Glencross

I spent the weekend in Fredericton where I attended a ceremony honouring my aunt "Chooch" and recognizing her fundamental efforts in the opening of an arts centre in a historic school building. The memorial was inspirational. Chooch was so well known throughout her community and had contributed so much to the art community specifically. It was amazing to hear friends, colleagues and politicians speak about someone I wish I had known better. We had a chance to visit with my uncle in their home the following day and it was sad and wonderful to see her art and art tools throughout the house. I was so moved by her love of animals, her sense of environmental obligation, her commitment to helping others and her obvious passion for the arts that was so evident in her home. I came home wanting to be a better person. You can read about the Arts Centre and her contribution at this link (click Centre News on the left).

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Me too! I'm gonna do it, too.

- Andrew

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home