Monday, December 19, 2011

No Photos :(

Haven't blogged in a while cuz I haven't been taking too many photos but I decided that doesn't mean nothing's been happening. I got hired to supply teach at a private school about a month ago (poor pay and not really teaching since I supply for the co-teacher who mostly does marking, scolding and paper work) and the next day got an interview for the public board which I've really been waiting for! I've been in about 3 days/week at the private school and it feels like playing school! Everything is on paper (at this particular school) in triplicate with highlighting and time keeping. Kids sit and copy work from the board and work in workbooks. Only tidy, identical work is shown on the walls. Nothing that I learned in teacher's college, but that's ok. It's all good practice. I was even in their school concert up on stage in hundreds of parents' photos and videos! But in the meantime, I got the job with the board...signing papers today!! That means not only am I now eligible to supply teach, but I also have access to all available long term occasional job postings which I was unable to apply for until being hired by the board! This was the first step I was waiting for so Merry Christmas to me!
In other news, Hannie's got a stomach bug, Jason's got strep and I've been fighting something for 3 weeks now. It doesn't feel too Christmassy with green lawns and 8 degrees today, but there are countdowns - calendars, chalk boards, paper tear-offs, move the marker - all over the house so I know it's coming!

4 Comments:

Blogger jenbuter said...

YAHOO! Good for you Dana, the best Christmas present you could have hoped for! The private school I work at is nothing like what you described, so have faith. Education has evolved out there!

Jen B

6:41 PM  
Blogger John and Sharon said...

ugh...sorry about all the sick bugs, but Wa-Hey for You!! Don't worry about Christmas-the elves have got it covered.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

congratulations Dana- and good luck!There's gotta be teachers retiring and kids who want vibrant young teachers to have fun with AND learn stuff with at the same time! Good luck with all the bugs, a good dose of turkey should solve all your problems!!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Hey, yeah, congratulations, Dane! That's so great. That private school sounds like something out of a British horror movie, so way to go.

Sorry you guys are all sick over there. This time of year is nuts for health.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home