Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blooooggggg

Long time no bloggin' Yesterday I couldn't even remember what day it was, it was a crazy busy day, I started work at 8 and didn't get home until 9 last night, poor Dana had her hands full with swimming lessons, t-ball and everything else that goes on at home during the day. Work here is crazy-busy. ESPN is here training us on a new automation scoring system that TSN will begin using in September and we needed to cram in as much time as would could on the system so I can train others when I return from my vacation. A vacation I am very much looking forward to - 3 weeks of family time and brain rest.

For you sports fans...TSN's SportsCentre will be broadcast in true HD in September. I didn't think HD would be a huge difference in quality, but after watching the World Cup at work in true HD, on an HD television, the picture is truly remarkable - crystal clear, an amazing picture quality. Expensive? Yes, and that is why I will continue watching television on my parents old Woolco bought t.v. - you know the ones made to look like a piece of furniture - incased in wood? It will never die, at one time the audio starting cutting in and out - Dana and I were excited thinking that we now have a reason to replace it, but it turned out to be a loose cable...I can't bring myself to spend money on a new one until this one has lived out it's use. Who would of thought a floor-model Woolco t.v. would have lasted this long.

Anyway...rambling on here. Last night I was putting Jack to bed and he asked me;
Jack: "Daddy I thought the word was adult (ad-ult), what is adult (a-dult)?"
Me: "It's the same word, some people pronounce the word differently though"
Jack: "Oh..like bum and butt?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I sure do miss Woolco. Sigh. Our TV is similarly old: the volume knob has been replaced by a piece of plastic tubing with a screw in it. Works great, though. Are you guys able to watch DVDs OK, or does it get all wobbly? I've gotten so used to the wobble now, I think it would look weird if we got a TV that didn't do that.

- Andrew

8:29 AM  
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Sad to say, Zellers was directly responsible for the demise of both Woolco Canada and K-Mart Canada. This also led to the earlier than expected arrival of WalMart.

Who says pseudo-sciences are dull?

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home