Friday, July 09, 2010

Summer So Far

So these photos go back a bit. My computer was full when I got a laptop for my birthday so I've finally backed up some photos and made some space for more!
Andrew and Ali came for a visit in June and we got to celebrate Ali's birthday with her in the park. It was extra nice since we often see them here in the winter. This time there was swimming and soccer and picnics in the park involved.
Charlotte got her cast off recently but she was a trooper while she had it! Here she had walked around the goose filled park!
On Father's Day we went to the annual midway that sets up for the weekend in another local park. The kids always thoroughly enjoy it even though there are only about 5 rides.
Then Henry had his last day of school. All the kids did actually but it was Henry's last day of kindergarten that made me tear up a little. He was sporting a mohawk for his last day!On Canada Day we took part in the annual parade. It's not a typical parade with floats and marching bands, we ARE the parade. Everyone in the neighbourhood walks around the route waving to the other neighbours sitting on their lawns watching. Sounds weird when I put it in writing, but we've been doing it for 7 years now I think so we'll just keep doing it!
Then we spent a weekend at a friends' cottage. They have 2 boys Jack & Henry's ages so Hannah was the only girl but she loves being outdoors and had a great time with everyone. I felt badly arriving as a family of 5 and more than doubling their usual population, but they were the most easy-going family and everyone got along just great. The highlight of the weekend for everyone was going tubing. It was our first time...all the St. Louis'. The first batch to try it was Hannah, Henry and Henry's friend Beckett. What a disaster!
I don't know if they were leaning too far forward or what, but they quickly got pulled under, head first and Henry started crying. I thought that would be it for tubing, but we got the next batch set up and told them to lean back a little. It was Jack and his friend and they LOVED it!
It didn't take much to convince Henry to try again!
Then Jason gave it a try and the other kids' dad decided to try to knock him off. He drove the boat really fast and took Jason over really choppy water, but Jason held on the whole time!
I had a GREAT time! I didn't think I did too badly since I didn't fall off once, but boy were my arms sore the next day!
This last photo is from Henry's soccer game last night. He's really enjoying it and really plays well. We've just got to teach him not to knock kids out of the way to get to the ball. Here he's barrelling through the orange team, elbows out!

So now I'm almost up to date. Jack's been playing baseball too, but I haven't taken any photos of that yet. I've been busy with weddings and family shoots, but I won't bore you with those photos. Jason will be starting beach volleyball soon...if I'm not at soccer gamed those nights, that makes for some fun photos! We've got a dog trainer coming over on the weekend to try to keep Murphy from jumping on our company. I don't think taking photos of that is a good idea, but I'll let you know how it goes!

6 Comments:

Blogger EJ said...

Yeah, thanks for putting up all those pictures. Looks like the cottage was a great time. See you guys soon.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Yeah! Lots of pictures. They're great! I love the sign at the hamburger place in the park. That's hilarious.

Mum

8:42 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Wow! Looks like a great summer so far!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Yay! Awesome update! I might have to use one of those photos for my facebook profile pic!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

These pictures all look so great. I don't really get how that parade works. Who actually watches it? Remember when we were in the Lake Echo Canada Day parade in our bristol board bread, butter, and peanut butter costumes? That was awesome.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Pen & Rix Place said...

Anything happen since July 9th?

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home